Naturalism Symbol and Logo Design Contest
Cash awards for winners: $500, $250, $100
The Center for Naturalism cordially invites you to participate in a symbol and logo design contest. A visually compelling symbol will help generate public recognition and familiarity with naturalism while providing a common graphic identity for groups promoting naturalism, should they wish to use it. A symbol can stand alone or be incorporated into custom logos for specific naturalism groups, or into a general logo to represent naturalism in promotional campaigns. Contestants are invited to design symbols and logos as defined below. There will be cash prizes for the winning entries: $500 first prize, $250 second prize, $100 third prize. We look forward to your creations!
Rules and conditions:
- Each contestant must submit a symbol representing naturalism plus two logos incorporating the symbol. The symbol should be a simple and unique image with a modern, web 2.0 feel, and be consistent with worldview naturalism: that existence is constituted by the single realm we call nature, and that nature is enough; see here for more about worldview naturalism. One logo will contain the symbol and the word “naturalism” and optionally other graphic elements the designer might wish to incorporate. The other logo will contain the symbol and the phrase “nature is enough” and optionally other graphic elements. A good example of a symbol is the humanist “H” drawn to look like a person with upraised arms, see here. Variants of this symbol are used by different humanist organizations in their own logos, see here for one example.
- Entries must be the original work of the sender. No third-party images are allowed.
- Contestants can submit as many individual entries as they like.
- Contestants must label entries using file names that include their full name.
- The file size should not exceed 100KB. The image size of each symbol/logo should not exceed 3 x 2 inches. The entries must be in a scalable vector graphic format, such as .eps, .pdf, or .svg. Applications that can produce scalable vector graphics are listed here.
- Contest winners will be asked to supply the source file of their winning design before receiving their cash award.
- Entries should be sent to logocontest at naturalism dot org.
- Entries must be received on or before noon EST December 31, 2009.
- All entries become the property of the Center for Naturalism.
- The judges reserve the right not to choose winners, and not to use the winning symbol and logos, should winners be chosen.
- Winning entries may be modified or combined in any way by the Center for Naturalism when used in promotional materials.
- Should winners be chosen, they will be announced by March 1, 2010.
- Prizes: $500 first prize, $250 second prize, $100 third prize.
Groups and websites supportive of worldview naturalism:
Apex Naturalism (news magazine)
Naturalism as a Worldview (Richard Carrier)